Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice explains what information Clear Direct Debit may collect about you, how we hold it and may use it and how we protect it.
Collecting: We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or in Direct Mail – for example your name, company name, your company address, your title, your company telephone number, mobile number, your e-mail address. This includes information provided when: you subscribe to our newsletter; enquire about or book a training course or Consultancy; request further information e.g. Direct Debit for Dummies / factsheets, enquire about our services, sign up to our Bureau service, ask us Direct Debit / Direct Credit questions.
- If you contact us by phone or by e mail, we will keep a record of that correspondence, including your contact details and a summary of the call
- When you visit our website, we may collect information about you, for example about the type of device you use (e.g. a mobile, tablet or a computer), your IP address, location data, operating system information and browser type. We may also collect information about your visit, for example the pages viewed, length of visit, page interaction information (such as scrolls and clicks)
- We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our website.
- We may collect additional information about you from other publicly available sources such as your company website / LinkedIn etc.
Processing: We may process your data for the following reasons:
- To deliver to you the services you have requested e.g. the provision of materials, newsletters, training courses, quotes, consultancy or bureau services and (if you are an existing customer), to contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you
- To provide you with information which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes including responding to your queries or comments. (Note: This may require us to disclose the information for example to our email service provider to send you emails or to our mailing house to send you information in the post)
- To ensure that content from our online properties is presented in the most effective manner for you / on your computer or device.
- In order for us to assist you with any questions / queries that you have contacted us about.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we jointly enter into
- To monitor web traffic and patterns of use of our website and for generating web statistics about our web users browsing activities. This data is used to help us maintain and improve our website.
Holding and Sharing:
- We will hold any data about you in a secure environment that we monitor and review.
- We will not hold data for longer than necessary and will only hold the data that is relevant to enable us to deliver to you the services requested.
- We will not sell or share your information with any other organisations except with your consent, other than those necessary in order to fulfil your requests (for example we use third party delivery companies, such as Royal Mail and other delivery service companies such as mailing houses, email service providers etc and we may disclose information to them to enable us to e mail you requested information or send information to you in the post. We work to ensure that any other organisations we work with adhere to the GDPR principles, but we do not and cannot take responsibility for any errors they may make, e.g. the delivery of post to the incorrect address etc.
- Your information will only be used for the purposes it was collected (as described above) and for no other reasons.
- Your data may be stored outside of the EEA (European Economic Area) By submitting your personal data you acknowledge and consent to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with GDPR principles.
- Currently, Clear Direct Debit work with the following third-party service providers: (Please note, this may change on occasion). By using our services, you consent to Clear Direct Debit using these providers:
– Mailchimp – to send email communications to customers (http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/)
– Google Analytics – to help us analyse how people use our websites and identify improvements (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/)
– Google Adwords – to help promote our services to new customers and for re-marketing to those that have searched for our services previously (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/)
Protecting your information
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right:
- not to provide your data to us,
- to not have your personal data used for marketing purposes and to opt-out of marketing at any time,
- to see the information that we hold about you. You can request a copy of this information by contacting us in writing,
- to request that we delete or correct any inaccuracies in data that we do hold about you. We will either make the requested amendments or provide an explanation as to why we are not making the changes.
About Clear Direct Debit:
Clear Direct Debit is a Bacs Accredited Direct Debit Training provider, a specialised Direct Debit and Direct Credit Consultancy and a Bacs Approved Direct Debit Bureau. We run Direct Debit training courses at regional centres around the UK and/or onsite at your offices. We provide Bacs Bureau Services to organisations that have their own Service User Number but wish to use a Bureau to transmit their information to Bacs and we offer specialised and bespoke Bacs Consultancy Services.
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 1st May 2018. If you have any queries about the information that we hold about you, please contact us on 0845 658 6488 or by e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice
- From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site.
- Clear Direct Debit own all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference. You must not modify the information in these copies.
- Clear Direct Debit should be acknowledged as the author of any content lifted from our website
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without permission from us to do so.
- The site is regularly updated and content may change at any time.
- Information is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Some information may be out of date. Content and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Clear Direct Debit accept no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with information obtained from our site.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- You may link to our home page but no other page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Cookies are used in various forms by most websites and are usually harmless.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files are stored on your hard-drive that can be used by websites to make your experience more efficient and in order to provide you with more functionality. For example a cookie can help a website to remember that you are logged in when processing an eCommerce transaction or may be used to remember your language preferences.
Cookies may be session or persistent. Session cookies are deleted after you have left our website and Persistent cookies remain to help you with your experience next time you return.
What are cookies used for?
We have broken up the types of cookies that most websites use into the following categories:
- Necessary. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preferences. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistics. Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Statistical cookies may benefit the ongoing improvements of the website and increased efficiency/relevance of any related marketing campaigns.
- Marketing. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|Cookie Name||Type||Category||Expires after||Purpose|
|_ga||persistent||Statistics||2 years||Analytical insights for our website to help grow our business|
|_gid||persistent||Statistics||1 day||Analytical insights for our website to help grow our business|
|_gat_gtag_UA_17588726_1||session||Statistics||1 minute||Analytical insights for our website to help grow our business|
|_gat||session||Statistics||1 minute||Analytical insights for our website to help grow our business|
|various||various||Statistics||various||As well as those cookies listed google might add further cookies|
|wfvt_3374393342||Session||Necesary||on exit||To protect the site against malware as part of a firewall|
|wordfence_verifiedHuman||Persistent||Necesary||24 hours||To protect the site against malware as part of a firewall|
Can I block cookies?
Your browser will usually allow you to alter and control the type of cookies that you will allow websites to store. If you are concerned about out cookies being stored on your computer by this website or other, we strongly recommend that you check your browser for further information. If you choose to block cookies some sections of this website might not be available to you.
The details of Third Party cookies may change from time to time, however we will endeavor to keep this document up to date and accurate.