AUDDIS Migration and Implementation
If you currently submit your Direct Debit Instructions (DDIs) to Bacs on paper but would like to submit DDIs electronically then you are considering an AUDDIS Migration / adopting AUDDIS (Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service).
Introducing AUDDIS is something that most organisations will only do once and it can therefore be difficult to develop any expertise in how to undertake this potentially complex process. Utilising our help will minimise errors and free up internal administrative resources. This will help limit the time required to achieve ‘Live’ status.
Things to consider
There are numerous benefits to using AUDDIS, including:
- lower processing costs
- increased accuracy
- reduced errors in set-up
- speedier set-up time.
There are also some additional rules and considerations, e.g. you need to have a copy of the DDI to hand in case you have to prove authority, you have to conduct KYC – Know Your Customer checks etc. When considering a move to AUDDIS therefore, it is important to fully understand the implications before starting the project. This is where we can help.
Making the Change
There are two main options open to any organisation that are looking to introduce AUDDIS:
- You can move all of your existing Direct Debit Instructions over to become AUDDIS instructions by undertaking an AUDDIS Migration for your Service User Number
- You can set up a new, AUDDIS-enabled Service User Number.
A third option is to run 2 numbers in parallel – one AUDDIS enabled and one non-AUDDIS. (This approach is less widely used as many companies find operating 2 systems confusing but it can be the best option in some cases).
There are pros and cons to each method and this is where it becomes important to understand the options in more detail. AUDDIS migration – moving your existing Service User Number (SUN) over – will take a little longer than simply setting up an additional SUN. Setting up a new SUN however requires new Direct Debit Instructions to be completed. This can create an opportunity for existing customers to decide they no longer wish to be customers!
Reliable Support – keeping it simple
An AUDDIS Migration will require you to go through a number of steps. Our Consultancy can help you at each stage of the process:
- Application. We can guide you or act on your behalf to obtain the correct forms from your sponsoring bank and to ensure the forms are accurately completed (detailing your processes for Modulus checking, KYC checks etc).
- Preparation. We can introduce you to appropriate software providers, or interact with them on your behalf as you upgrade or procure additional software. Our independent software advice has resulted in significant cost savings for several of our customers.
- Testing. Before you can ‘Go Live’ you must demonstrate to Bacs and to your sponsoring bank that you can correctly submit AUDDIS files. We can ensure this step is efficiently completed / submit the test files on your behalf.
- Go Live – the final process of Migrating your existing Direct Debit Instructions. This will convert your existing Direct Debit Instructions to AUDDIS. You will no longer be able to submit manual (paper) instructions once your Service User Number has been migrated.
- Follow up. We will provide post project follow up and support once you have completed the Migration. This includes answering questions and helping with files as required.
Introducing a new process doesn’t have to be confusing or time consuming – or costly! We can offer phone support through to full project management of the process and our expert help can reduce time, errors and cost. For more information and advice, contact us today.